Syllabus for the post of Executive
Marketing and logistics Operation
1) Identify market segment, targeting and positioning: Market segmentation, pattern procedure, Evaluation of the market segment, Market targeting.
2) Formulating Marketing strategies- differentiation strategies, product life cycle strategies, new product development,developing competitive advantage.
3) Product and process design - The product development process, analyzing a process.
4) Overview of logistics – Introduction, nature, concepts evolution, strategic logistics planning process, components of logistics, functions of logistics mgmt.
5) Supply chain management – nature and concept, value chain, framework of supply chain, outsourcing and 3PL, 4pl, bullwhip effect.
6) Demand Management and customer service- Demand management, Traditional forecasting, collaborative planning, forecasting and replenishment, channels of distribution, order management.
7) Procurement and supply Chain Management – Introduction, Inbound logistics, materials management, electronic procurement, types of e-commerce models
8) Inventory control & management- inventory management, Inventory cost, managing inventory.
9) Warehouse Management System - Warehouse decision- the nature and importance of warehousing, role of warehouse in logistics system, material handling, packaging, bar coding, importance of packaging.
10) Transportation system management – role of transportation selection decision, modes of transport, intermodal transportation, documentation,- domestic.
11) Materials, Purchasing and stores Management.